[Avodah] Tu B'Av

Rich, Joel JRich at sibson.com
Tue Oct 1 18:49:53 PDT 2019

A thought for Tu B'AV: R'SBG (taanit 30b) designates the two most yamim tovim (holidays) Yom Kippur and Tu B'av. While the gemara lists a number of events which occurred on Tu B'av, I've always been partial to Yom Tvar Hamaagal (the day they stopped cutting wood for the wood pile). Initially I favored it as a paradigm for priority juggling (going back to Torah learning when your job is done), but it occurred to me that the pairing with Yom Kippur is exquisite - Yom Kippur being representative of the short spurt/high profile avodat Hashem while Tu B'av represents the ongoing low profile diligent avodah of daily life. We need both!

GCT
Joel Rich

THIS MESSAGE IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE
ADDRESSEE.  IT MAY CONTAIN PRIVILEGED OR CONFIDENTIAL
INFORMATION THAT IS EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE.  Dissemination,
distribution or copying of this message by anyone other than the addressee is
strictly prohibited.  If you received this message in error, please notify us
immediately by replying: "Received in error" and delete the message.
Thank you.