[Avodah] Rambam Sefer Hamitzvot

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Thu Sep 19 14:07:03 PDT 2019

On Wed, Sep 18, 2019 at 08:17:08PM +0000, Rich, Joel via Avodah wrote:
> Do we know what the Rambam's organizational principal was in the order
> that he presented the mitzvot?

The structure of Mishneh Torah is explained in the Moreh 3:35-64.
The Seifer haMitzvos is in similar, but not the same, order as the mitzvos
listed in the qoteros to each section of the Yad, and then split into
asei vs lav.

Why not the same is beyond me. Maybe the work of actually compiling
the Yad force shifts in sequence that weren't worked back into Seifer
haMitzvos. Maybe not. Or maybe that's just too balebatishe of an answer
for some people.

Micha Berger                     Time flies...
http://www.aishdas.org/asp               ... but you're the pilot.
Author: Widen Your Tent                          - R' Zelig Pliskin
- https://amzn.to/2JRxnDF