[Avodah] Tehillim 27

Zev Sero zev at sero.name
Sat Sep 7 18:31:00 PDT 2019

On 6/9/19 3:38 pm, Sholom Simon via Avodah wrote:
> I was listening to a shiur on Tehillim 27, and the rav said that he
> thinks that Sefardim and Edot Mizrachi say Tehillim 27 every day (as
> opposed to Ashkenazi minhag to say it in Elul, etc.).  Does anybody know
> more about this?

Check any Sefardi siddur, before Maariv.  I happen to have "Siddur Beit
Tefillah" (J'm, 1993) handy, and it says "yesh nohagim lomar mizmorim
eilu lifnei tefilat arvit", followed by #27 and the assortment of
pesukim that are common in all nuscha'ot (including many Ashkenaz
sidurim, but not Artscroll) before maariv.

--
Zev Sero            A prosperous and healthy 5780 to all
zev at sero.name       Seek Jerusalem's peace; may all who love you prosper