[Avodah] Tartei d’Satrei

Rich, Joel JRich at sibson.com
Thu Aug 22 13:05:50 PDT 2019

> RJR:
>

>> I've always felt that going to more than one poseik (even in different areas of psak) raises the likelihood that one will be accepting positions which are based on a higher order tartei dsatrei (Internal inconsistencies that even the poseik may not be consciously aware of).
>
> Of course the Sanhedrin ruled by majority, so following the Sanhedrin’s psak entails the same problem.
>
> David Riceman
> My case was where the “lower level” poseik did not act as a first level wine by reprocessing the particular question from scratch. So the question to me is different from any individual following the Sanhedrin where is totally allowed and perhaps required to rely on them without question. In my case if the poseik Were to follow one in authority I would have no problem with it. It’s where he chooses to use multiple authorities in place of reprocessing that my question starts. It’s a similar question to one I’ve always had  about the articulating methodology of the s”a
Kt
Joel richTHIS MESSAGE IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE
ADDRESSEE.  IT MAY CONTAIN PRIVILEGED OR CONFIDENTIAL
INFORMATION THAT IS EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE.  Dissemination,
distribution or copying of this message by anyone other than the addressee is
strictly prohibited.  If you received this message in error, please notify us
immediately by replying: "Received in error" and delete the message.
Thank you.