[Avodah] Showering During the 9 Days

Rich, Joel JRich at sibson.com
Mon Aug 12 15:04:17 PDT 2019

> I was reading R' Micha's comments on RYBS's view of halacha and ceremony
> and was struck by the worldview that is so different from the viewpoint
> discussed in the introduction to the Makor Chaim by Rav Chaim David
> HaLevy.
>

> In the introduction to the Makor Chaim (IIRC), Rav Chaim David HaLevy
> mentions his reasons for writing this halachic set of books. He mentions
> a discussion with Rav AYH Kook and how Rav Kook told him that the modern
> Jew needs not just Halacha but also Machshava. Therefore, in order to
> increase knowledge of Halachah it is imperitive to mix in
>
> We have here two Gedolim who were contemporaries, and who came from
> different backgrounds and worldviews and both acted to increase Torah
> in the world through increased knowledge

/:::::::::::
Iiuc the Rav did Not disagree about hashkafa being important but rather felt that it was derived from halacha. R Rosensweig from RIETS usually gives an introduction to each tractate that he teaches at outlining the underlying philosophical underpinnings that carry through or perhaps stem from Halacha
Kt
Joel rich
THIS MESSAGE IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE
ADDRESSEE.  IT MAY CONTAIN PRIVILEGED OR CONFIDENTIAL
INFORMATION THAT IS EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE.  Dissemination,
distribution or copying of this message by anyone other than the addressee is
strictly prohibited.  If you received this message in error, please notify us
immediately by replying: "Received in error" and delete the message.
Thank you.