[Avodah] Showering During the 9 Days

Zev Sero zev at sero.name
Sun Aug 11 16:46:16 PDT 2019

On 8/8/19 5:33 pm, Rich, Joel via Avodah wrote:
>>>  Since people now shower during shloshim there's no reason
>>> not to shower during the 9 days

>> But what is the makor for "people now shower during shloshim"?

> Puk chazi apparently.

But is it?  Has anyone done any kind of survey? How would one even begin
to go about finding out what people do during shloshim, and why.  And
surely it varies from community to community, so how can one say what
"people" do without specifying which people?

As a datum: When I asked a L rov about showering during shloshim, he
wouldn't give a direct answer, but instead asked "What do you do during
the 9 days?" And when I replied that I do shower then, he said "Whatever
heter you use during the nine days will be just as valid now".  But he
avoided paskening on *either* case.

--
Zev Sero            A prosperous and healthy 5779 to all
zev at sero.name       Seek Jerusalem's peace; may all who love you prosper