[Avodah] Shva Na's etc.

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Fri May 17 08:29:05 PDT 2019

On Fri, May 17, 2019 at 11:09:44AM -0400, Zev Sero via Avodah wrote:
:> I don't think it's compelling evidence either. Which is why I said
:> "apparently".

: But what is the non-compelling evidence?   The Alter Rebbe never saw
: the US Tehilas Hashem siddur, and was not involved in its
: production...

Because there are other places where Nusach Ari follows the Razah's
tenu'ah qalah concept. The one case I recall is the Razah's Shaarei
Tefillah was the first to have Adon Olam say "beterem kol yetzur nivra".
Which the Siddur haRav haZaqein has as well, complete with a melupum
malei, so we see the vav in "yetzur".

And while the original Tehillas Hashem copied Seder haAvodah (1911,
Vilna), the above could be why they chose a Razah-based pointing rather
than copying another siddur. The project wasn't run by amei haarez,
and they did give RYYS (L's Friardiker Rebbe) a voice in the result.

Which is why the new edition was loathe to change things. The odds that
the Razah's niqud was an intentional choice was too high.

:-)BBii!

micha at aishdas.org        3 weeks and 6 days in/toward the omer.
http://www.aishdas.org   Yesod sheb'Netzach: When does domination or
Fax: (270) 514-1507               taking control result in relationship?