[Avodah] 50 Amos too high

Rabbi Meir G. Rabi meirabi at gmail.com
Wed May 1 21:17:18 PDT 2019

50 Amos high gallows
But Halachah suggests we don't notice things higher than 20 Amos - Menorah,
Sukkah and the beam of a MaVuy must all be below 20 Amos.

However a beam that is decorated, may be placed higher than 20 Amos because
people will be attentive to its design and will therefore not confuse that
MaVuy with a true public domain.

The dangling corpse of the second highest official of the kingdom, the
known Jew hating thug, executed at the behest of the Jewish Queen and the
king's rabbi advisor, would have been a spectacle we would have gladly
gaped at all day long.
Somehow though, the flickering flame in the second floor window, is not
quite as spellbinding.