[Avodah] Pesach mitzvos at night

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Wed Apr 24 19:13:23 PDT 2019

On Mon, Apr 22, 2019 at 11:06:21PM -0400, Akiva Miller via Avodah wrote:
: Keep in mind that prior to Matan Torah, nights came *after* the days...

Is that so? Rashbam aside, the prooftext for our days is from Maaseh
Bereishis and "vayhi erev vayhi voqer".

But in any case, I would point to another calendar in which the night
follows the day -- avodas habayis. And so the zeman including the next
night isn't really surprising. To my mind the question would be
more why the zeman akhilah doesn't start until night, why is it /only/
the night after and not from after haqaravah including the following night.

For that matter, since the Pesach has most of the dinim of shelamim,
not eating it the next day is equally unique to the pesach.

:-)||ii!

Micha Berger             Today is the 4th day
micha at aishdas.org        in/toward the omer.
http://www.aishdas.org   Netzach sheb'Chesed: When is Chesed an
Fax: (270) 514-1507                           imposition on others?