[Avodah] women not doing work on rosh chodesh.

Rich, Joel JRich at sibson.com
Tue Mar 26 17:58:26 PDT 2019

[Email #1]

While the Shulchan Aruch mentions the practice of women not working on
Rosh Chodesh in OC 417,His wording was of particular interest -- I have
not found this practice mentioned in the Rambam but was wondering if
anybody else is aware of him mentioning it.

[Email #2]

Rashi in Megilah 23b sv rashei chadashim is interesting -- do we have
any idea who added the parentheses quoting Tosafot? I also assumed that
Rashi goes on at such length because there is no source in the bavli
that talks about women only not doing work on rosh chodesh.

KT
Joel Rich