[Avodah] mishna rishona

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Tue Mar 19 13:00:23 PDT 2019

On Wed, Mar 06, 2019 at 03:11:10AM +0000, Rich, Joel via Avodah wrote:
: The Gemara in a number of places (e.g., Shavuot 4a) uses the principle
: "Umishna lo zazah mimkoma" (the [original] Mishna did not move) to explain
: why two mishnayot might seem contradictory...

: 1. What's the purpose of keeping the earlier version?

Wouldn't it serve the same functions as Edios's (1:4-5) why record Beis
Shammai and other rejected opinions in a machloqes among contemporaries?

: 3. Who changes their mind these days?

I was going to answer this, but I decided not to.