[Avodah] Where was the Mishkan stored?

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Mon Mar 4 11:52:37 PST 2019

On Mon, Mar 04, 2019 at 12:43:36PM -0600, elly bachrach wrote:
: How did you learn the mishna zevachim 14:6? Same top, but stone bottom, so
: the kerashim were not in use.

Meanwhile, I didn't think about it when I learned Zevachim. My first
thought is that the word choice in Yehoshua may be because the ohel
mo'eid refers to the yeri'os more than the kerashim.

And so, we're still left with the question of where the kerashim were
stored in Shiloh.

It is possible that Mishkan Shilo had both -- kerashim surrounded by
stone, so that the wals were both authentic to the tzivui in Shemos and
yet permanent?

In any case, if, as the gemara implies, it was the permanence of the
stone walls that made bamos assur during Mishkan Shiloh, then Nov and
Giv'on had temporary wals because bamos were allowed again. But what? The
original kerashim, other kerashim, or something else?

Micha Berger             "'When Adar enters, we increase our joy'
micha at aishdas.org         'Joy is nothing but Torah.'
http://www.aishdas.org    'And whoever does more, he is praiseworthy.'"
Fax: (270) 514-1507                     - Rav Dovid Lifshitz zt"l