[Avodah] Haftara of Pekudei

David Cohen ddcohen at gmail.com
Sun Mar 3 13:12:00 PST 2019

Three years ago, in the week of Parashat Pekudei, I inquired here about
which Ashkenazi communities in chu"l would be reading the haftara "Vaya'as
Chirom" (Melachim I 7:40) (as per the Maharash, Maharil and Eliya Rabba)
rather than "Vatishlam kol hamelacha" (Melachim 1 7:51).

R'  Arie Folger replied:
>  Munich follows Frankfurt. Basel not always, but in this case the agree.
>  Which means Strasbourg will also read the same, as Basel and Strasbourg
>  are both Minhag Alsace. For Vienna I don't know yet. Ask me next time it
>  comes up.

"Next time it comes up" is this week, so I'm following up.  R' Folger, what
do they read in Vienna?