[Avodah] Chain of Mesorah

Zev Sero zev at sero.name
Mon Feb 25 08:35:43 PST 2019

On 25/2/19 9:57 am, Professor L. Levine via Avodah wrote:

> After looking at the list I sent an email to Hakhel with the questions
> below.
>

> Is there a reason why the Chofetz Chaim is not on this list?  Is there a
> reason why there are no Chassidishe rebbes on this list?

The answer is obvious.  The first list presents the chain of mesorah to
a specific individual, and the second to the students at a particular
high school.  In neither case was the Chofetz Chaim or any chassidic
rebbe part of that specific chain.

This is a little ironic in the second case, since the school in question
is part of the Chofetz Chaim network, but the fact is that while Reb
Dovid did learn from his great-uncle, his rebbe muvhak was the Slabodker
Alter.

--
Zev Sero            A prosperous and healthy 5779 to all
zev at sero.name       Seek Jerusalem's peace; may all who love you prosper