[Avodah] 2 Women working on Rosh Chodesh questions

Rich, Joel JRich at sibson.com
Mon Feb 25 00:59:14 PST 2019

1. While the Shulchan Aruch Mentions the practice of women not working on Rosh Chodesh in oc 417,His wording was of particular interest    I have not found this practice mentioned the Rambam but was wondering if anybody else is aware of him mentioning it.

2. Also rashi in Megilah 23b sv rashei chadashim is interesting -do  We have any idea who ended the parentheses quoting Tosafot? I also assumed that Rashi goes on at such length because there is no source in the bavli that talks about women only not doing work then.

 As always any insights appreciated

> Kt
> Joel
THIS MESSAGE IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE
ADDRESSEE.  IT MAY CONTAIN PRIVILEGED OR CONFIDENTIAL
INFORMATION THAT IS EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE.  Dissemination,
distribution or copying of this message by anyone other than the addressee is
strictly prohibited.  If you received this message in error, please notify us
immediately by replying: "Received in error" and delete the message.
Thank you.