[Avodah] Announcement: New Book -- Widen Your Tent

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Tue Feb 5 12:50:37 PST 2019

We so often study a book and simply skip its introduction. And yet,
introductions are often where authors lay out their view of the world,
the grand big picture they see the work fitting into.

In the introduction of his magnum opus, Shaarei Yosher, Rav Shimon Shkop
outlines his view of the purpose of Judaism, our lives, the nature of
holiness, and what it means to be a good person and in the image of G-d.

His vision is one that speaks to us today:

"Blessed shall be the Creator, and exalted shall be the Maker, Who
created us in His 'Image' and in the likeness of His 'Structure', and
planted eternal life within us, so that our greatest desire should be to
benefit others, to individuals and to the masses, now and in the future
in imitation of the Creator (so to speak)."

In this new book, I use Rav Shimon Shkop's teachings as a guide to
provide direction and give meaning to our own lives.

Available from Feldheim Books or Amazon.com.

http://www.aishdas.org/asp/widen-your-tent

We now return you to our regular Avodah programming.

Chodesh Tov!

Micha Berger             If a person does not recognize one's own worth,
micha at aishdas.org        how can he appreciate the worth of another?
http://www.aishdas.org             - Rabbi Yaakov Yosef of Polnoye,
Fax: (270) 514-1507                  author of Toldos Yaakov Yosef