[Avodah] nichum aveilim

Joseph Kaplan jkaplan at tenzerlunin.com
Thu Jan 24 16:04:18 PST 2019

“When one is physically distant from a friend who is sitting shiva, as a general rule, is it better to (pick one) call, text, or email during the shiva period? Or, is it better to wait until you actually see the person again?”

I always thought as someone paying the shiva call (or, rather, as well he caller emailer), that telephone calls were better. But I saw a few discussions on FB about this and the people who had recently sat shiva almost unanimously said emails were better because calls often came at times when it was not convenient to speak.
Joseph

Sent from my iPhone