[Avodah] Government Shutdown and Chalav Yisrael

Zev Sero zev at sero.name
Sun Jan 13 22:42:49 PST 2019

On 11/1/19 2:53 pm, Yosef Gavriel Bechhofer via Avodah wrote:
> On 1/11/2019 5:52 AM, Micha Berger wrote:
>> At what point do we say the assumptions behind allowing chalav stam
>> broke down, and one needs to buy chalav yisrael?
>
> I always preferred the Pri Chadash's heter.

Which is really the Radvaz.   I don't understand why everyone attributes
it to the Pri Chadash, when he merely quotes the Radvaz.   But that's
fine if you're sefardi.  At least according to RMF, we Ashkenazim
universally reject this shita, and hold like the Chasam Sofer that there
was a gezera, which was a davar shebeminyan.  The AhS so despised this
shita that he wouldn't even name those who hold it, and pretty much
calls them machti'ei harabim.

--
Zev Sero            A prosperous and healthy 5779 to all
zev at sero.name       Seek Jerusalem's peace; may all who love you prosper