[Avodah] Government Shutdown and Chalav Yisrael

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Fri Jan 11 02:52:32 PST 2019

Here in the US, we've had a govenrment shutdown, in which non-essential
services are not operating until our elected officials can agree on a
budget. (And people in essential services are working, but not paid until
all this is resolved.)

The US FDA is one of the non-essential services that are not operating.
And this has been true since December 21. Meaning that for the past
20 days, dairy farmers knew that no one from the FDA will be checking
their milk.

At what point do we say the assumptions behind allowing chalav stam
broke down, and one needs to buy chalav yisrael?

:-)BBii!

Micha Berger             When one truly looks at everyone's good side,
micha at aishdas.org        others come to love him very naturally, and
http://www.aishdas.org   he does not need even a speck of flattery.
Fax: (270) 514-1507                        - Rabbi AY Kook