[Avodah] Rambam Hilchot Trumot

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Sun Dec 16 12:56:05 PST 2018

On Sun, Dec 16, 2018 at 09:13:33PM +0200, Ben Waxman via Avodah wrote:
: Qibalnu I understand but what does the Rambam mean when says that
: "we've seen people say this bracha on challa of chutz l'aretz"?

First thought, just to help the ball rolling.

Teimanim give challah to kohanim who are qetanim. They are allowed to
eat challah, and as qetanim, the "only" problem with eating it whle
tamei is chinukh. And should chinukh trump actually doing the mitzvah
challah kehalakhah?

So, there are people actually eating challah in the Rambam's world.

Challah of chu"l has leniencies challah in EY does not, despite both
being deOraisa. (In particular, it can be taken retroactively; you can
eat before hafrashah.)