[Avodah] culture

Rich, Joel JRich at sibson.com
Wed Dec 12 21:41:41 PST 2018

My response to a Cross Currents post on the new popular chareidi music and literature:
As far as the general low culture issue, can we at least agree that even the "frum" low culture does in fact represent some acculturation from the general society around us? Some would argue that conscious awareness of this acculturation allows us to better manage it.

My question to the chevrah-Has history shown that nonawareness is the better strategy?

KT
Joel Rich

THIS MESSAGE IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE
ADDRESSEE.  IT MAY CONTAIN PRIVILEGED OR CONFIDENTIAL
INFORMATION THAT IS EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE.  Dissemination,
distribution or copying of this message by anyone other than the addressee is
strictly prohibited.  If you received this message in error, please notify us
immediately by replying: "Received in error" and delete the message.
Thank you.