[Avodah] Kol Koreh that there is a chiyuv to vaccinate against measles

Zev Sero zev at sero.name
Wed Nov 7 07:16:46 PST 2018

On 6/11/18 8:10 am, Moshe Y. Gluck via Avodah wrote:
> It's interesting that R' Moshe Sternbuch's note only speaks about the
> obligation of the father to vaccinate. Chinuch is on the father, if I'm
> not mistaken. But shouldn't vaccination be sort of like m'nias hezek
> and obligatory on both parents?

My guess is that these decisions are usually left to the mother, and the
anti-vaxx nonsense has spread mostly among women, so he's now telling
the men that it's their duty to insist on vaccinating the children even
if their wives are opposed.

--
Zev Sero            A prosperous and healthy 5779 to all
zev at sero.name       Seek Jerusalem's peace; may all who love you prosper