[Avodah] Two witnesses

Joseph Kaplan jkaplan at tenzerlunin.com
Mon Oct 15 05:49:36 PDT 2018

“On Micha's remarks it implies that the court can sentence someone to death
even though the facts might not be true.
More important it raises the whole question of DNA samples and all of
modern techniques versus two witnesses.
* * *
They hold (like Micha) that the psak determines kosher and treif
and not the metzius.  Timtum halev occurs when one one eats something
prohibited. Eating  pork that is mutar (eg it is less than 1/60) does not
cause timtum halev  I am not sure everyone agrees with R. Rappaport).”

ISTM that there should be a significant difference between executing someone when you have definitive information (I won’t use the word evidence) that he is innocent and eating a piece of meat that, although it in fact came from a non-kosher animal, is treated halachically as kosher.

Joseph

Sent from my iPhone