[Avodah] two witnesses

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Tue Oct 9 15:26:04 PDT 2018

On Mon, Oct 08, 2018 at 02:37:57PM -0400, Micha Berger wrote:
: Every question is asked at least three ways, and in different orders. AND,
: asked of each eid separately.
:
: And if we're talking about 2 eidim with regard to a sin/crime, the eidim
: had to have given hasra'ah. So it's not simply relying on memory; they
: had to at the time have participated in trying to stop the sin.

REMT, kedarko beqodesh, gently corrected me in private.

The eidim testifying need to have witnessed hasra'ah, and didn't have to
have given it themselves.

Which means that the tail of my post applies to sin/crim as well, not
only dinei mamunus (as long as it's not eid echad ne'eman be'isusim).
I think what I said about confabulation vs indepent derishah vechaqira of
each eid separately, and (more importantly) my argument for not assuming
that the neemanus accorded eidus isn't because we necessarily consider
it the least fallible both still stand.

Chodesh Tov!

Micha Berger             You want to know how to paint a perfect
micha at aishdas.org        painting?  It's easy.
http://www.aishdas.org   Make yourself perfect and then just paint
Fax: (270) 514-1507      naturally.              -Robert Pirsig