[Avodah] birchas cohanim on chol hamoed in chutz la'aretz

Rich, Joel JRich at sibson.com
Fri Oct 5 04:45:12 PDT 2018

> I've never seen it nor heard of it (until now), but I can easily imagine a reason behind it: The main (only?) reason to connect Birkas Kohanim with Yom Tov is the level of simcha that we do have on yom tov but not at other times. (Rama 128:44) According to Shulchan Aruch Harav 529:6, the mitzva of Simchas Yom Tov applies equally on Yom Tov and on Chol Hamoed. Thus, I can see how one might conclude that the reasons for Birkas Kohanim are equally strong on Yom Tov and on Chol Hamoed.
>
> Akiva Miller

> But do they duchen at shacharit on yom tov?
Kt
Joel rich
THIS MESSAGE IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE
ADDRESSEE.  IT MAY CONTAIN PRIVILEGED OR CONFIDENTIAL
INFORMATION THAT IS EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE.  Dissemination,
distribution or copying of this message by anyone other than the addressee is
strictly prohibited.  If you received this message in error, please notify us
immediately by replying: "Received in error" and delete the message.
Thank you.