[Avodah] Nusach Ashkenaz in the Center of Chasidic Davening: The Interesting Cases of Belz, Sanz, and Berdichev

D Rubin dcr.man at hotmail.co.uk
Sun Sep 23 01:51:57 PDT 2018

Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2018 18:08:07 -0400
From: Zalman Alpert <zalmanalpert770 at mail.gmail.com>
> Let me add that I was told that a siddur that the BESHT used is in the
> Chabad library in Crown Heights and it is Nusach Ashkenaz.

To echo R' Zalman and add, I have [a copy of] the Toldos' son's siddur,
written during the Besht's lifetime, and the Sidur R Shabsai [shliach
tsibbur of the Baal Shem]: they both are nusach Ashkenaz except where
the Ari specified otherwise: e.g. boruch she'omar after hodu, kesser in
kedushas musaf etc

What the Maggid did institute was the use of 'ksav Ari' for all stam.