[Avodah] mixed prayers at the Kotel

M Cohen mcohen at touchlogic.com
Fri Sep 21 06:42:26 PDT 2018

YL ... My understanding is that one is not supposed to daven outdoors, and
davening at the Kosel is indeed davening outdoors, is it not.

RZS... We've already discussed this before.  No, the Kosel is *not*
"outdoors" in the sense relevant here, i.e. an open field; it is an enclosed
space that happens to have no roof.

Agreed. Yereiim v'shleimim dovened at the kosel 'outside' for centuries.

Also, dovening in wrt issue means shmoneh esrai. Therefore slichos is not an
issue.

Also, this is not a blanket prohibition, but is a preference when possible
(as per the permission for travelers).
Bc of the number of people in this case, there is no alternative.

Mordechai Cohen

=======
http://free.pctools.com/
=======