[Avodah] kaddish yatom by non-mourner

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Thu Sep 20 14:55:27 PDT 2018

On Thu, Sep 20, 2018 at 04:27:48PM -0400, Zev Sero via Avodah wrote:
: But there's no question that upsetting ones parents is a avera,
: while saying kaddish is not any sort of chiyuv on any individual.

But, going back to the OP:
> Question: If the parents went to their Rav, would he answer the question
> should they be finicky about it? If he would, what would his answer be?

When it's a parent asking the question, should they be maqpdim?

So far I've heard tangential objections to the use of the word "finicky"
and other digressions. So, I want to get back to this question...

I would think it depends on the parents' hashkafah, in particular, how
seriously that hashkafah takes "al tiftach peh lasatan" in comparison
to allowing their son to help out his minyan.

Micha Berger             I slept and dreamt that life was joy.
micha at aishdas.org        I awoke and found that life was duty.
http://www.aishdas.org   I worked and, behold -- duty is joy.
Fax: (270) 514-1507                        - Rabindranath Tagore