[Avodah] Choices?

Rich, Joel JRich at sibson.com
Wed Aug 22 10:53:48 PDT 2018

: Does HKB"H view it as equivalent to any other choice one could've made or
: is one dinged for the original choice when it was made? [is moving into
: an apartment building knowing one will need to use a manned elevator on
: Shabbat another example? How about certain medical specialties ]

Questions like these are unanswerable, since we can't know how Hashem
judges.
===================================
True-yet we assumedly need to make our best guess when deciding on a course of action.
=====================================
How much
onesh does he get for whatever moved his nequdas habechirah to the point
where he is in that sorry state? And, what if he didn't do the moving,
it was a product of nature or nurture? Then he would be a tinoq shenishba,
which is an application of oneis in the gemara, and oneis Rachmana patrei?
===============================
Oneis rachmana is an interesting concept - does it mean going to a neutral status or crediting as if one did a positive action?  And how sure should we be that nkudas habechira is actionable and you get a pass on other items (iirc r' Dessler is not the only opinion on the matter)
KVCT
Joel Rich
THIS MESSAGE IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE
ADDRESSEE.  IT MAY CONTAIN PRIVILEGED OR CONFIDENTIAL
INFORMATION THAT IS EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE.  Dissemination,
distribution or copying of this message by anyone other than the addressee is
strictly prohibited.  If you received this message in error, please notify us
immediately by replying: "Received in error" and delete the message.
Thank you.