[Avodah] "An arrogant laughs at repentance." -- Toba Beta, My Ancestor Was an Ancient Astronaut

Cantor Wolberg cantorwolberg at cox.net
Mon Aug 13 07:17:59 PDT 2018

The source for the minhag to blow Shofar is brought by The Tur, citing
the Pirkei D'Rebbi Eliezer; Moshe Rabbeinu went up to Shomayim to receive
the 2nd set of Luchos on Rosh Chodesh Elul and remained there for 40
days until Yom Kippur. On the day he went up the shofar was blown in
the entire Jewish encampment. Tur 581:1

"Repentance is the renewal of life.
This means we must free ourselves from all our negative traits and turn
toward absolute good.
No sin is unforgivable except the sin of unrepentance."
Thaddeus of Vitovnica, Our Thoughts Determine Our Lives: The Life and Teachings of Elder Thaddeus of Vitovnica