[Avodah] Without Torah the land is not the Land of Israel

Prof. Levine larry62341 at optonline.net
Thu Aug 2 07:31:30 PDT 2018

At 10:13 PM 8/1/2018, Ben Waxman  wrote:
>1) Looks like this prediction wasn't correct.

The prediction was not about a state like the State of Israel where
the Torah is not  being observed  by far too many in its entirety.

>2) More importantly than? my somewhat flippant statement, RH's drash is
>fine for 1880.? But what does one do when in 1948 things didn't go this
>way, when the first prime minister is Ben Gurion and not Rav Kook? That
>is always the question when things don't go the way you think that they
>will - what are you going to do now?

Are you equating th\e present State of Israel with what RSRH
considered the ideal for Eretz Yisroel, namely, a country based on
the Torah?  RSRH wrote, "Thus shall you await the moment when you
will be able once again to enter the Land, which was given to you so
that you may observe the Torah in its entirety."

Is the Torah being observed by all residing in the State of Israel in
its entirety?  I am sure you will agree that it is not.

The prediction was and still is correct.

YL