[Avodah] When your Korban Pesach is a Tereifah

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Fri Jul 27 05:26:18 PDT 2018

R' Shlomo Katz <shlomo.katz at gmail.com> (CCed-) asked on Facebook:
> What happens if you are cutting up your korban pesach and you discover
> it's treif?

I was taken by the question because
(1) it must have happaned all the time, and yet
(2) I haven't heard it discussed.

At this point I am curious about whe answer. But what intrigues me about
the question is the amazingness that it's not more asked. If we were
bringing qorbanos, the logistic possibility would have been more likely
to cross someone's mind.

(And that explains why I am in favor of having more Yoatzot. There are
questions a rav wouldn't be as likely to think of, simply because knowing
about a given bit of anatomy isn't like actually owning a set. There are
implications that are less likely to be thought of. My support contigent
on their actually serving as Yoatzot as per R Henkin's description here
some years ago, and not presented as synagogue clergy.)

:-)BBii!

Micha Berger             Man is equipped with such far-reaching vision,
micha at aishdas.org        yet the smallest coin can obstruct his view.
http://www.aishdas.org                         - Rav Yisrael Salanter
Fax: (270) 514-1507