[Avodah] Looking for location of a Raavad that RSRH refers to

Simon Montagu simon.montagu at gmail.com
Sun Jul 22 01:35:14 PDT 2018

On Wed, Jul 11, 2018 at 4:32 PM, Gershon Seif via Avodah <
avodah at lists.aishdas.org> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Would anyone here know where I can find the Raavad that RSRH refers to
> here? https://tinyurl.com/ycb2fuxdAs I understand Hirsch's explanation

The next sentence has run in to the link here making it invalid. It should
be https://tinyurl.com/ycb2fuxd <https://tinyurl.com/ycb2fuxdAs>

> or the Raavad, we have more to lose by making God too abstract than by
> perceiving Him too material. and that's why the Torah takes the risk
> and talks about Hashem seeing and Hashem's heart, etc.
>
> 1) I assume that's because without this, we won't have any means for
> a relationship.
>
> 2) Hirsch writes that in that particular series of pesukim (about Hashem's
> decision to bring about the mabul) we are taught about man's free will as
> well as Hashem unchanging free will, and how the two work with each other.
>
> 1 is my assumption. 2 is what Hirsch writes.
>
> TIA,
> Gershon Seif
>

> [Email #2. -- micha]
>
> A friend of mine, Rabbi Moshe Katz of CTN, just found it for me.
> Raavad Yesodei Hatorah 1:10.

Couldn't it be the first Raavad on Hilchot Teshuva 3:7, on whether
believing that HKBH has a body makes one a min?