[Avodah] A RAY OF SUNLIGHT ON THE SADDEST MONTH רא

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Thu Jul 12 09:18:12 PDT 2018

On Wed, Jul 11, 2018 at 06:33:10PM -0400, Cantor Wolberg via Avodah wrote:
: "Vayomer Elokim yehi ohr, vay'hi ohr" "And God said: Let there be light
: and there was light."

The Besht's take, and I love its truth: And G-d said, "Let there be
light!" and that [the Divine Utterance "Yehi Or"] was light.

G-d didn't speak and *poof* it happened. G-d "Spoke" and the act of "Speech"
is it happening. And as long as there is light, we know G-d is still saying
Yehi Or. Unlike writing, where the author can stop once the word exists.
Creation is continual.

Which aligns with /DBR/ being used both for dibbur and for davar.

Micha Berger             Man is capable of changing the world for the
micha at aishdas.org        better if possible, and of changing himself for
http://www.aishdas.org   the better if necessary.
Fax: (270) 514-1507            - Victor Frankl, Man's search for Meaning