[Avodah] Looking for location of a Raavad that RSRH refers to

Gershon Seif gershonseif at mail.yahoo.com
Wed Jul 11 06:32:26 PDT 2018

Hi All,

Would anyone here know where I can find the Raavad that RSRH refers to
here? https://tinyurl.com/ycb2fuxdAs I understand Hirsch's explanation
or the Raavad, we have more to lose by making God too abstract than by
perceiving Him too material. and that's why the Torah takes the risk
and talks about Hashem seeing and Hashem's heart, etc.

1) I assume that's because without this, we won't have any means for
a relationship.

2) Hirsch writes that in that particular series of pesukim (about Hashem's
decision to bring about the mabul) we are taught about man's free will as
well as Hashem unchanging free will, and how the two work with each other.

1 is my assumption. 2 is what Hirsch writes.

TIA,
Gershon Seif

[Email #2. -- micha]

A friend of mine, Rabbi Moshe Katz of CTN, just found it for me.
Raavad Yesodei Hatorah 1:10.