[Avodah] How did the Bigdei Kehuna stay clean?

Marty Bluke marty.bluke at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 05:44:53 PDT 2018

Yesterday's daf (Zevachim 88b) states that the bigdei kehuna cannot be
laundered and that they cannot be worn if dirty. Considering that the
Kohanim spent their day in the Beis Hamikdash bringing korbanos, they must
have gotten dirty from the various avodas with the animals. Which means
that every day all the kohanim would have to wear new begadim. We don't
find anywhere that the bigdei kehuna were one use garments nor do we find
that they had to constantly switch them yet this is what comes out of these
dinim in the gemara. Any suggestions?