[Avodah] Administrivia: List Merge

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Tue Sep 4 12:45:53 PDT 2018

On April 22, 2000 we split Avodah by topic, believing it was the only
way to maintain the membership of some of Avodah's members. Avodah
would continue carrying Torah-only discussion, and Areivim would carry
"everything else". In that way, people who only want to spend their time
discussing Torah would stay on by opting out of Areivim.

I don't think that decision is necessary anymore. First, people having
more tech-savy about how to manage their mail, and higher expectations
of how many emails are to be expected daily. Second, we now have social
media, suited to absorb a number of quick exhanges. Email lists are more
suited for discussions that require more time for thought, a chance to
revisit days-old questions, and the room to describe something at more
length, or with more nuance.

So, I don't get the sense that people still find Avodah / Areivim to be
an overwhelming flood of email.

I therefore want to fold Areivim back into Avodah. (Barring a member
uprising.)

Micha Berger             You cannot propel yourself forward
micha at aishdas.org        by patting yourself on the back.
http://www.aishdas.org                   -Anonymous
Fax: (270) 514-1507