[Avodah] Directions on Shabbat

Akiva Miller akivagmiller at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 06:00:23 PDT 2018

Perhaps the machmirim would say to respond, "It is Shabbat and it is assur
to drive, so I cannot tell to how to go. BUT I will tell you this: Do not
go on such-and-such a road, because it will take you through such-and-such
a dangerous area." That would not be a problem by those who the OP refers
to as machmirim, it seems to me.

(Of course, personally, I would label Rav Shlomo Zalman Auerbach as the
machmir, and would use the response he suggests: "It pains me that you are
driving on Shabbat, so to minimize the Chilul Shabbat, I will give you the
very best directions...")

Akiva Miller