[Avodah] The Timeless Rav Hirsch

Professor L. Levine llevine at stevens.edu
Thu Jun 21 03:56:40 PDT 2018

>From https://goo.gl/ZEcnxP

The writings of Rabbi Samson Raphael Hirsch (RSRH) deeply resonate with many people today, as they have since the time he penned them in the middle of the nineteenth century, using them to recreate a community of modern, Torah-faithful Jews in Frankfurt that had all but disappeared. Many find that, ironically, his words seem more suited for our times than when he composed them. He stands almost alone among commentators in dealing with many themes of modernity: cultural evolution; our relationships with non-Jews; the Jewish mission to the rest of civilization; freedom of the will versus determinism; autonomy and totalitarianism; understanding the impact of paganism on the ancient world. Of course, his treatment of symbolism.

This web page contains links to commentaries on the parshios by Rabbi Yitzchok Adlerstein based on the writings of RSRH.

YL

<https://goo.gl/ZEcnxP>