[Avodah] When Shabbos is Motzaei Rosh Chodesh

Akiva Blum ydamyb at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 21:34:54 PDT 2018

On Wed, 20 Jun 2018, 4:46 p.m. Akiva Miller via Avodah, <
avodah at lists.aishdas.org> wrote:

> .
> R' Akiva Blum wrote:
> > Please see the Mishna Berurah 188:32 where he quotes the
> > Acharonim that if during Seuda Shelishis someone davened
> > maariv, he can no longer say retzei. It seems that the same
> > should apply erev shabbos, after one has davened maariv, he
> > can no longer say yaaleh veyovoh.
>
> Your argument is logical, but not a proof. The acharonim and MB are
> presumably speaking of a case where the individual davened maariv and
> benched at a time on Saturday night when the sky was dark to some
> degree or another.

Please see the MB 424:2 where he quotes the MA specifically about where one
davened maariv while still day that he can no longer say yaaleh veyovoh.

I wonder about a case where one said kabolas shabbos, then ate and davened
maariv later. I would think that too would be sufficient.

Akiva