[Avodah] What is a Chasid?

Gershon Seif gershonseif at mail.yahoo.com
Thu May 17 13:03:16 PDT 2018

On Thursday, May 17, 2018 2:48 PM, Professor L. Levine
<llevine at stevens.edu> wrote:
> The following is from Letter 15 of RSRH's Nineteen Letters I note that
> there is no mention of a chasid wearing a particular kind of dress,
> speaking a particular language, etc. Indeed, there is no mention of
> externalities at all. YL

Indeed!

See Hirsch's commentary to Beraishis 5:24 where he writes very strong
words about this. He says that Chanoch lived a life of seclusion after
giving up on his generation. Hashem removed him from the earth because
"what use is he here" (or something to that effect).