[Avodah] Lag Baomer

Ben Waxman ben1456 at zahav.net.il
Wed May 9 10:59:33 PDT 2018

At the Yemenite place I go to Friday night, everyone chants Kabbalat
Shabbat together (same tune, every week, for the whole thing). An
elderly person will get the kavod of saying the first line of Lecha Dodi
out loud, but the rest is sung together. After Lecha Dodi, they say four
lines from Shir HaShirim and then one person leads them in a "Bar
Yochai" song (this kavod is auctioned off). After that, all together for
BeMah Madlilin and Mizmor L'yom Hashabbat.