[Avodah] Lag Baomer

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Wed May 9 02:53:57 PDT 2018

On Wed, May 09, 2018 at 01:31:28AM +0300, Simon Montagu via Avodah wrote:
: In Sepharadic batei kenesset that I have seen, there is a different but
: parallel minhag: Kabbalat Shabbat is recited by the kahal all together or
: by individuals taking turns section by section with nobody standing up and
: acting as Shatz. The Shatz typically begins either at Bame Madlikin or only
: at Kaddish before Barechu

At the Sepharadi minyan I frequent Fri night (in the US, mostly Syrian),
everyone chants everything together. No shatz, and no one taking the lead
even section by section. As per the first clause above. Somoene takes
the lead for Bameh Madliqin from their seat. Chazan starts at pre-Qaddish
material for Arbit.