[Avodah] Dancing Around A Bonfire & Concern of Foreign Practices: Rav Wosner's Responsum

Zev Sero zev at sero.name
Wed May 2 15:57:53 PDT 2018

On 02/05/18 14:25, Zev Sero wrote:

>> : The first edition of SA Harav, and especially Hilchos Pesach, which
>> : is the first section he wrote, follows nigleh, not nistar, and
>> : relies heavily on the Magen Avraham...

>> I do not know if celebrations the night of Lag baOmer existed yet even.

> They certainly existed in the next generation, so there's no reason to
> suppose they didn't exist in his day.

PS: Indirect evidence that in the AR's day the night of Lag Baomer was
already considered part of the simcha is that in his siddur (as opposed
to his SA) he wrote that tachanun is not said at mincha of erev Lag
Baomer.

--
Zev Sero            A prosperous and healthy 2018 to all
zev at sero.name       Seek Jerusalem's peace; may all who love you prosper