[Avodah] Ahava Eternal

Cantor Wolberg cantorwolberg at cox.net
Tue May 1 15:57:50 PDT 2018

I heard a beautiful d’rash by Rabbi Yosef Shusterman (Chabad of Beverly Hills).
He said the following:
If you ask 20 people the definition of “LOVE,” you will get 20 different responses.
However, the best definition of love is the Jewish definition.
He uses gematria. The gematria of Ahava is 13 and the gematria of Echod is 13.
“Love" is when you are at “one” with whomever or whatever.
Theologically, the love of God is when you are at one with God.
Sometimes it takes an entire lifetime to reach that madreiga.

I am in you and you in me, mutual in divine love.
William Blake  (18th c. poet, painter and printmaker)