[Avodah] Farfetched Ukimtas

Marty Bluke marty.bluke at mail.gmail.com
Tue May 1 04:25:47 PDT 2018

On Tue, May 1, 2018 at 1:54 PM, Micha Berger <micha at aishdas.org> wrote:
> I thought it's dealing with the impossibility of blood falling on the
> stone floor of the BHMQ and staying put.

> And as the din could only come up in the case of that stone floor, it's
> not eliminating factors to clarify something that might apply elsewhere.

The Gemara starts with Ula stating a din that holacha without walikng
is pasul. The Gemara then brings down the following statment from a
Mishna If blood fell from the Keli on the floor and it was gathered, it
is Kosher. The Gemara then asks on Ula from this Mishna, namely that the
blood must have moved towards the Mizbeach, e.g. holacha without walking
and it is kosher. The Gemara then answers with the implausible ukimtos
to explain the Mishna. In other words, it seems that the ukimtos are
there to explain the Mishna namely that the Mishna provides a principle
that blood that falls on the floor is kosher and the ukimtas are there
to remove any extraneous factors such as holacha without walking.