[Avodah] When Bittul Chometz precedes Mechiras Chometz

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Mon Apr 23 14:49:17 PDT 2018

On Mon, Apr 23, 2018 at 05:07:54PM -0400, Zev Sero wrote:
: Not so.  The owner clearly *did* intend for this chometz to be
: included in the mechira, so that Jews would be able to buy it from
: him after Pesach.  That he doesn't take the mechira seriously is a
: completely different matter, and devarim shebelev einam devarim.

But it's no more shebaleiv! Chameitz was sold within minutes of when
the mechiras chameitz was chal. What the difference between my actions
showing that I didn't intent to include this item I am then mevateil or
burn, and the beer distributors actions showing that he didn't intend
to include ANY item?

Micha Berger             Today is the 23rd day, which is
micha at aishdas.org        3 weeks and 2 days in/toward the omer.
http://www.aishdas.org   Gevurah sheb'Netzach: How does my domination
Fax: (270) 514-1507                            stifle others?