[Avodah] Non Torah Studies

hankman hankman at bell.net
Mon Apr 16 06:51:02 PDT 2018

R' Meir G. Rabi wrote:
> Also many of those exciting developing sciences were closely tied to
> various philosophies. Pythagoras was a cult/religious/philosophical leader.
> Even today and certainly Einstien and his group discussed and wrote
> extensively about esoteric life values in connection with their work and
> research.

Do not ignore the truth of the message because you (and we all) do not
like the like the lifestyle of the messenger. Pythagoras' theorem is
a central truth to much of mathematics and science, and the truth of
Einstein's science has withstood the test of time and been subject to
much experimental verification. So what exactly is your point -- ignore
the truth because you do not like its source?

Kol tuv,
Chaim Manaster