[Avodah] R' Baruch Ber Leibovitch (Prof. Levine)

Prof. Levine larry62341 at optonline.net
Sun Apr 15 13:08:16 PDT 2018

At 02:02 PM 4/15/2018, Marty Bluke wrote:
>This is not something to be happy about. This is
>more along the lines of es laasos lashem heiferu
>torasecha. The rabbanim has to make a very
>difficult decision to violate the Halacha in
>order to save the next generation. This was not
>uncommon in America of that time. Young
>Israel’s sponsored mixed dances for the same
>reasons. However, now that the Torah community
>is much stronger they are trying to go back to the strict Halacha. Â

On the contrary,  this is something that is
appropriate for our time and the future.

Do you really think that the Torah community is
much stronger?  Externally it appears so, but, as
R. A. Miller once said to me,  "There is a thin
layer of frumkeit and underneath it is all rotten."

How much Chillul HaShem do we see?  How much sexual abuse do we hear about?

See my article

"<http://personal.stevens.edu/~llevine/jp/frum_or_ehrlich.pdf>Frum
or Ehrliche?" The Jewish Press, October 20, 2006,
page 1.  This article is also available at
"<http://personal.stevens.edu/~llevine/Frum_or_Ehrlich_v3.pdf>Frum
or Ehrlich".
<http://personal.stevens.edu/~llevine/jp/Letters%20To%20The%20Editor_11_1_06.pdf>Letters
to Editor

Also see
"<http://www.jewishpress.com/indepth/front-page/the-obligation-to-support-a-family/2015/02/18/0/?print>The
Obligation to Support a Family"  The Jewish
Press, February 18, 2015, front page.

YL