[Avodah] The Vilna Gaon and Secular Studies

Marty Bluke marty.bluke at gmail.com
Sun Apr 15 07:39:19 PDT 2018

R' Chaim Manaster wrote a long piece saying that secular studies especially
science "literally create emuna and awe of the borei olam". While this may
be true, the Charedi response is that learning Torah is by far the best way
to create emuna and awe of the borei olam and of course the most important
activity that a person can do bar none. So why should we try to learn emuna
from science when we can get it from the ultimate source, Torah.